Friday, March 9, 2012

March 8

It was a Thursday and winery work started at 5am to meet the night-picked Riesling grapes. Walking out of the house at 4:50am, the early moonlit morning seemed quite bright as the cloudless sky exposed it's illuminating stars - it never ceases to amaze and impress me. I knocked my head back, mouth silently gasped open, and I smiled as I realized I could appreciate being awake so early to witness such a simple sight yet of such a profound infinity. The moon was high in the sky and full. Right after I snapped the picture, I turned around just in time to see a shooting star fall above the dark shadowed line of the trees. And I thought, today is going to be a good day. Grinning in the dark, I whispered, Happy Birthday Jessypoo!
I admit. I was a bit emotional. 

No comments: